Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Takashi Iwasaki





I think I'm going to name my all of my children Takashi, because I know they will be artistically talented. If you don't know what I'm talking about go here to see the talent of Takashi Murakami. But, the amazing artwork you are seeing is not Takashi Murakami, but Takashi Iwaskai. What's not to love about his artwork? It was so hard to narrow it down to just a few pictures.
I know that some people do not appreciate abstract art, and I think it is because they don't really understand that it still takes a lot of talent to be able to make abstract art. We've all heard people say things like 'my child could paint this...'. So, I want to help people understand that no, their child could not do this.
So, for those who want to understand more about abstract art, I want to share my thoughts with you. If I were to attempt something like this, my first challenge would be balance. Each object needs to have some sort of balance in the final composition. If it isn't somehow balanced, the piece just won't feel right. Next, the colors have to work well together, they need to be the right tones, shades, hues, brightness etc....When you mix the colors they could all turn out to look like mud.
Sometimes, I think abstract art can be much more challenging than painting something that stands right before you. So, that's all. When you see abstract art as beautiful as this, that grabs your attention, gives you a happy feeling inside, understand that there is an enormous amount of talent behind that piece of art. I think Takashi describes his art best in just a couple sentences:
"...Shapes and colors in my paintings and drawings evoke figurative qualities which embrace a kaleidoscope of emotions. Life is too short to take gravely all the time. I want to delight in what I can when I can. Having this as my essential philosophy, my goal of art making is to create a positive and playful atmosphere, and generate warm feelings of intimacy and substance through my work..."
To see more of this amazing work by Takashi Iwasaki, just click here.

No comments: