Sunday, January 11, 2009

Inspiration from a Bohemian Girl

Today I crossed an inspirational blog. Denise from Bohemian Girl Designs inspires me in a couple different ways. In her blog, Denise shares her experiences as becoming a new mother through some beautiful photographs and touching videos. She also has a website called Denise Andrade that demonstrates her amazing beautiful talent as a photographer.

Also, I'm inspired by Denise's experience while visiting Squam Art Workshops. Squam. Wow! What an amazing place. So, what is Squam? You will find the best description of Squam by viewing one of their slideshows. (Click on one of the photos.) Squam is basically an artistic retreat at a remarkable cabin on a lake. A place to talk to other creative individuals, be inspired, inspire others, take some classes or rent a studio. It's your experience, your dream and your destiny. You can do whatever you want on your retreat.

One final thing I would like to leave with you. Did you see "Born in Brothels" when it came out several years ago? Well, the same producing team has created another documentary called "Who Does She Think She Is?" And would you believe the director of this movie will be at Squam in both June and September? See the video clip below.

3 comments:

Elizabeth MacCrellish said...

Hi Tonia-- so glad you discovered Squam! Hope to see there--

Bisous, Elizabeth

Anairam said...

The Squam workshops sound great - are you going to one? I think a whole bunch of people together at the same time and all bent on creating something, must in itself create a fantastic vibe ...

Unknown said...

Thank you for your posts! My husband and I keep a very tight schedule so I might just create my own 'Squam' at our cabin.

I think I can round up some talented individuals to get together for a weekend. Sounds like a lot of fun!