Monday, November 3, 2008

Ross Bleckner

Whenever I look at a painting or image not always, but often the color is what grabs my attention. I enjoy the color combinations in Bleckner's paintings, but I also really enjoy the texture. I have often wanted to paint images of microscopic cells and Bleckner has done it. However, he has added texture, color and beauty that I would have never been able to capture.

In an interview with Helen A. Harrison, Mr. Bleckner explains that he uses his paintings to express "...his consistent themes: the transience of beauty, the fragility of life and the loss of love." His art represents something far deeper and intelligent than I can put into words. You will find many of his intellectual interviews under the press section on his website.
View and read more about Ross Bleckner.

1 comment:

Fifi Flowers said...

Pretty! LOVE all the colour!